Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Date Night

So I went out on a date last night with this guy who is a friend of a friend. We have already met up a couple of times with my friend and her husband, but we finally met up just the two of us.

The first time we met it was, of course, a set up by my friend and I had no expectations. No actually, that's a lie. I had two expectations:

1) He would not be my type AT ALL, but would be totally into me and impossible to get rid of, rather like the mosquito bites that have been plaguing me all week

2) He would be a complete dish and I would be salivating wildly like a rabid dog desperate to quench her thirst, and he would have no interest in me whatsoever

What I didn't anticipate was being introduced to someone who I am very attracted to, have so much in common with and that the feeling appears to be mutual.

So he took me out for Sushi last night to one of my favourite restaurants and we talked non-stop for 3 hours. I was determined to actually let the man talk last night, because on the two previous occasions I had been so nervous that I had rambled on incessantly and he had barely had a chance to get a word in edgeways. I went out armed with 'conversation starters', prepared for a possible scenario of us just sitting mutely gazing into space but I needn't have worried. Conversation just flowed and eventually we were being turfed out of the restaurant by staff who were keen to start putting chairs on tables.

There was a slightly awkward moment when we were sitting back in the car. Is he going to kiss me? I was slightly terrified of this moment. Unnecessarily as it turned out. It was the perfect first kiss.

After, he sat back and looked at me and we smiled. 'Wow', he said, 'you're a really good kisser.' Really? I thought to myself. You haven't seen anything yet, sunshine. If you think that's something just wait till these little suckers get warmed up. But of course, being the demure lady that I am I just smiled enigmatically and then crashed my knee into glove compartment whilst trying to cross my legs in an effortlessly elegant and sexy manner.

And now of course I am jetting off to the UK tomorrow for 4 weeks with the boys in tow. I am so looking forward to it. Have been for months now.

But unexpectedly I have the possibility of something to look forward to when I get back.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, the old knee-in-glove-compartment move.

    This is very exciting reading. (Are you making it up just to keep the blogging world on the edge of our seats?)

    Have a really really good time in Blighty. Great timing, by the way. You've given him a little taster, and now you've whisked yourself off the scene.

    Have a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful first date. May it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!
    Yahoo!!!
    Can't wait to hear more.
    Can't wait to see you again, it's been ages...NOT.
    But still can't wait to see you.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds very exciting- I will be back for the next installment

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you've left an impression on his lips AND his glove compartment - very clever.
    Sweet dreams, safe flight... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That's brilliant, you lucky sod!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicola, sounds great. And if you're in London on your travels and fancy meeting up with a family that also have two small boys in two, get in touch via the e-mail address on my blog - would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iota - It is exciting and terrifying. Little does he know he might become good blog fodder!

    Modern Mother - well, that's the hope from this end anyway

    MTW - hahahaha

    Lakeland Jo - thanks for the comment. Have just read your blog and loved it. So one of your fav cities is Chicago? Come and visit me!

    Kabbalah - Don't even talk to me about the flight. For some reason I am so wound up for the first time in my life I feel the need to be well and truly sedated. See you soon gorjus x

    NotSupermum - and now I've kissed him I just need to see if he turns into a prince or remains a frog...I'll keep you posted

    Potty - would love to meet up with you! will be in touch via email x

    Dotterel - Yes, and now I need to do my best to forget all about him and not keep looking at my phone like a pillock waiting for a text or a call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very promising, can't wait to hear of more romantic escapades when you get back. Have a great time in the UK!

    ReplyDelete